San Juan, PR Cargo Service
San Juan, P.R. Cargo: Service between SJU and CPX, VQS, MAZ
New service begins May 25th, 2020
Send packages or envelopes between, Luis Munoz Marin International Airport (SJU) San Juan, P.R. and Benjamín Rivera Noriega Airport (CPX) Culebra, P.R., Antonio Rivera Rodriguez (VQS) Vieques, P.R., or Eugenio Maria de Hostos (MAZ) Mayagüez, P.R.
Cape Air accepts cargo at San Juan P.R. from established TSA-approved Known Shippers on a space available basis on the next available flight (if there is available space or payload on the next flight). We do not operate dedicated cargo aircraft so we are unable to accept bicycles or items larger than a typical suitcase (baggage acceptance dimensions).
In order to become a TSA Known Shipper, submission to the TSA is required and may take 7 business days for Approval. To be eligible for our shipping service to and from San Juan, PR, please contact:
Greg Cormier, Cape Air Cargo Manager
Phone: 508-790-3122 Ext. 214
- All cargo (a package 16 oz or greater) will be handled by Cape Air personnel at the airport ticket counter.
- To deliver cargo to Boston or San Juan for shipment please drop off at the Cape Air ticket counter:
- SJU- Terminal B (Departure Level); For San Juan cargo questions and flight availability please call 787-253-1121.
- Packages: the greater of:
- 99¢ per lb., with a package minimum of $25, of
- Dimensional minimum: Length X Width X Height (all in inches) ÷ 133 X $1.00 = Example: A framed picture weighing 10 lbs and measuring 64” X 32” X 3” = 6,144 inches3, ÷ 133 = 46.20 X $1.00 = $46.20.
- Flat envelope: $15
- Storage fee: Over 48 hours after receipt at the destination, each day or part thereof incurs a storage fee of $10/day.
We do not transport:
- Live animals
- Surf boards
- No household items: bleaches drain cleaners and solvents contain dangerous chemicals which can cause toxic fumes and corrosion.
- No flammable liquids: fuel, paints, solvents, adhesives, alcoholic beverages higher than 140 proof and flammable gases such as lighter refills and camping gas might leak and cause a fire.
- No fireworks: signal flares and other explosives which might detonate due to their sensitive nature.
- No other hazardous materials: strike-anywhere matches, gasoline-powered tools, spray cans, self-inflating rafts, poisons, infectious substances, mace and pepper spray.
Cargo is not guaranteed on a specific flight, it is shipped on a space available basis. We do not provide packaging; cargo must be packaged prior to processing at the airport. Refrigeration not available.