Dash Away with 9K: Midwest Holiday Travel
No matter how far you roam, Cape Air can get you home.
Traveling during the holidays can induce headaches, hassle and stress. From long lines and highway traffic to bad drivers and parking wars — ensure your holiday is jolly by allowing Cape Air to be your wings home.
Cape Air serves some of the most popular destinations across the Midwest including Missouri, Illinois and Kentucky, offering fast, affordable, and frequent flights from our hubs in both St. Louis and Chicago. So, leave the car at home this holiday season, rise above the traffic and travel stress-free on Cape Air.
*Prices have been viewed by other users searching within the last 48 hours for flights on this route, and may not be currently available. Additional baggage charges and fees may apply.
Shop for flights in all of Cape Air’s 37 destinations in the US and Caribbean
Compare airfares to popular destinations, here.
Up, Up and Away, Here's How to Plan Holiday Travel Like a Pro
We get it, traveling anytime between mid-November and January can turn you into a real Scrooge. All told, across the air, roads, water and rail you're easily one of a million+ travelers eager to get home for all the holiday fixings. Let's not forget the unpredictable weather, traffic delays and the 'wait did I forget to pack...' moments.
That's why at Cape Air our mission is simply to get you to where you want to be as quickly as possible, while having some fun along the way.
Here are a few of our best secrets to planning stress-free holiday travel:
- Take the early flight. Whether you're an early bird our not, trust us that 6am or 7am flight is worth it. Studies show that the earlier the flight, the less chance for delays, plus you'll beat the morning commute traffic on your drive in.
- Travel on off peak days. If you're a flexible traveler, consider adjusting your departure dates; the day before Thanksgiving has gone on record as the most traveled day of the year. Can your schedule afford a Monday or Tuesday departure? If so, book your holiday travel early and fly from St. Louis for less, browse available flight options now.
- Skip the log jam at TSA by flying from your hometown airport. Cape Air serves many unique destinations, flying in and out of regional airports such as Decatur (DEC), Veterans Airport of Sotherin Illinois (MWA) and Kirksville Regional Airport (IRK), just to name a few. Coast through the security check point in minutes with plenty of time to get cozy with a coffee, pre-flight.
- Pack smart. When you fly with Cape Air, passengers can enjoy a free carry on and personal item. Remember to keep any small tolietries packed separately so you aren't fumbling for your grooming kit mid-security line. Place any food items in a separate screening bin and don't forget that charging cable! Additionally, our standard baggage allowance, per ticketed customer, includes one checked bag not to exceed 50 lbs. Review our complete baggage policy including additional free carry-out items.
- Stay aware. Remember to utilize Cape Air's website to access our Self Service Online Check-In as well as real-time Flight Status & Schedules.
- Arrive on time. We recommend checking in for your flight at least one hour before scheduled or posted departure times. Please allow additional time for the busy holiday travel period. When traveling to and from our major hub cities, we encourage you to review these additional Check-In Time Requirements.
Are you ready to Dash Away with 9K?
Book your flight for all things merry and bright — and be sure to share it with us! We want to know how Cape Air is helping you get home for the holidays this year. Learn more about Cape Air's Home for the Holidays Giveaway...because it truly is the little things that move you!
Why fly Cape Air?
At Cape Air, our goal is to get you where you want to be as quickly and easily as possible. Wherever we fly, Cape Air is recognized for our outstanding customer service and convenient hourly flights. We have ticket and baggage agreements with most major airlines which means smooth connections and money-saving joint fares for our passengers.
Need some inspiration for your next trip? Check out these fan photos from the skies!