Compare New Bedford (EWB) Flights
New Bedford, the South Coast’s hidden gem and Cape Air jumping off point!
Looking for a fast, efficient way to island hop? New Bedford Regional Airport serves as a gateway to Martha’s Vineyard and Nantucket via frequent air service provided by Cape Air.
Passengers can reach Martha’s Vineyard in less than 20 minutes and Nantucket in about 25 minutes. Combine this with the hassle-free ease of New Bedford Regional Airport and you’ve guaranteed yourself one of the easiest air travel experiences you’ll find anywhere!
More than just your average airport:
- Stop for a bite, stay for the view. Overlooking the terminal ramp, and offering up some of the greatest aviation views, is the Airport Grille. With a menu selection that ranges from gourmet burgers to fine seafood (and a full bar!), visitors can enjoy lunch, dinner or Sunday brunch.
- Watch aviation in action. Be sure to visit the Observation Deck, a rarity amongst commercial service airports, where you’ll get an exclusive look at the runways and taxiways that make up EWB.
- A safe place for children to explore aviation. The Cpl. Matthew R Rodriguez Playground, sits along the airport fence and acts as a learning resource aimed at encouraging young children to explore the STEM fields (Science, Technology, Engineering and Mathematics).
Planning an extended stay? Try these things next time you're in New Bedford:
- Visit the New Bedford Whaling Museum. Detailing the history of the international whaling industry and the "Old Dartmouth" region, the museum is governed by the Old Dartmouth Historical Society (ODHS), and its collections include over 750,000 items, including 3,000 pieces of scrimshaw and 2,500 logbooks from whaling ships, both of which are the largest collections in the world.
- Plan a pit stop at Buttonwood Park Zoo. This 97-acre park boasts playgrounds, wildlife, ball fields, a small zoo & other features.
- Sip a local vintage at Travessia Winery. A micro-winery in downtown New Bedford, with a simple mission -- make wines with minimal intervention. Travessia's wines are an authentic reflection of the soils and micro-climates where the grapes are grown.
When to visit New Bedford:
Air serivce through New Bedford picks up quite a bit during the peak summer months, making it the perfect jumping off point for day trips and extended stays to the islands of Martha's Vineyard and Nantucket.
Book your next flight through New Bedford with Cape Air and bring along a free carry-out bag!
Powered by: OpenWeatherMap.org